timely friends

Last night my husband and I went on a 'date' for the first time in twenty months. It was lovely to be alone together, but strange since I have barely spent more than two or three hours away from my daughter since she was born. I had forgotten that she is not part of me; she is a separate person. And we will not always be so conjoined as we are now. It pains me to think of her being away from me for long periods of time. But I think when that time comes around I will be ready for it. I hope so.

But for me and my husband, last night was a treat made possible by a friend willing to sacrifice a few hours of her time to give us time. I am blessed that I have such friends. I want to be such a friend as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.